The Do’s and Don’ts of Waxing – Waxing is one of the most popular methods to get rid of unwanted body hair. Its popular because waxing can give us hairless, baby soft skin. Some of us prefer at-home waxing, while others want to go hassle-free and opt salon appointments. But what no one will deny is that waxing is painful! The pain of applying hot wax on the skin and then forcing the strips to pull out the hair…OUCH!! To be honest, there is no way to avoid it. But there are some tips which if you follow, can make the entire process less painful. So check out the The Do’s and Don’ts of Waxing below.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Waxing
- Exfoliate the area before waxing. It is suggested that you should exfoliate two days before waxing, but if you are planning to exfoliate on the same day, avoid moisturizer.
- To ensure a smooth waxing, sprinkle some baby powder to the area about to be waxed. This will soak up the excess moisture and the wax strip will work properly.
- Do let your hair grow. Wax strips won’t be able to pick up very short hair. The ideal length of the hair should be quarter of an inch on arms, legs and bikini area and slightly longer on underarms.
- To avoid waxing rashes, dip a cotton ball into alcohol. Squeeze out the excess and dab on the freshly waxed area.
- Choose wax properly. Basically there are two types of wax available – soft wax and hard wax. Hard wax is suited for bikini area, whereas soft wax is perfect for hands and legs.
- Post wax, use baby oil to moisturize the skin. It will also clean up the residual wax from the skin.
- Don’t wax during periods. Our skin tends to be extra sensitive during periods and likely to pain more. Also our skin may break out post waxing.
- If you suffer from stubborn ingrown hair after waxing, don’t ever try picking them up. Instead soak the area in warm water and then gently exfoliate.
- Never wax the same area more than twice. Not only it will be painful, but it can also damage the skin. If you still have few stray hairs after waxing, gently remove them using tweezers.
- Don’t hit the gym immediately after waxing. Sweat increases the risk of spreading bacteria to the freshly waxed skin. Also avoid wearing tight clothes just after waxing. The friction can results in skin irritation and acne. Let your skin breathe for next 10 hours.
- Don’t shave after waxing. It might be tempting to remove those tiny hairs, but stay away. It will increase the risk of infection.
These are some of The Do’s and Don’ts of Waxing. Follow these tips to make sure you remain stubble-free for weeks without any razor burn or nicks.
Get more Tips like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting Tips and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.