5 Most Important Things You are Not Doing for Your Skin – Must Know – When it comes to skincare, we all know the basics. Most of us religiously follow the CTM routine, use sunscreen and remove makeup every night before going to sleep. Even after following basic skincare routine on regular basis, often things like dry skin, untimely wrinkles, sudden breakouts or redness etc bother us. Do you know why? Its because we often ignore certain things that our skin actually needs the most. We must understand that in order to look beautiful, skincare is the single most important condition. So are you ready to up your skincare game? Let’s check out 5 Most Important Things You are Not Doing for Your Skin – Must Know.
5 Most Important Things You are Not Doing for Your Skin – Must Know
Not Using Products Tailor Made for Your Skin
Many times we get carried away with cool looking or cleverly packed products. Without reading labels, ingredients etc, we quickly buy them. But is it a right product for your skin? Does the formulation actually cater for your skin’s needs? According to skin experts, using wrong products is the biggest mistake that we often make when it comes to skincare. It is very, very damaging for our skin. Wrong products won’t give you the desired result, that’s still okay. But how would you repair the damage caused by using wrong products? So know your skin first. Is it dry, oily or combination type? Perhaps you have sensitive skin too, so know about that. And before shelling out your hard earned money for any skincare product, do read the labels and check the ingredients.
Using Too Many Products
This is another big mistake that we often make, slathering our skin with too many products! This specially happens with anti acne and anti ageing products. But remember, less is more! There is no need to use 3 types of exfoliators, 3 times of cleansers, serums, skin brightening creams, skin tightening lotion altogether. Initially the combination might work, but soon it will backfire causing skin to become overly sensitive.
Applying Products Out of Order
Sometimes we use all the right products for our skin, but still don’t get the desired result. There can be several reasons for that and one can be applying products out of order. The key to get the maximum benefits from your skincare products is to apply them from thin to thick consistency. For example, after cleansing the face, use toner first. Then follow up with serum and then apply cream. The heavy products can block the lightweight products to penetrate to the skin and doing their job, hence its important to maintain the order.
Not Giving Importance to Timing
Proper skincare is not only about what products you are using, but when you’re using them is also important. Irrespective of skin types, there are few general rules that should be followed.
- Never ever forget to wash your face before going to bed every night. It is very important that you sleep with clean and clear face.
- Apply the skin-repairing and skin-loving products at night before bed. Our skin temperature slightly rises in the night, which aids in deeper penetration of those products that will repair the skin.
- Damp skin acts like sponge. So apply the moisturizers or lotions immediately after stepping out of the shower or washing your face. This will make sure that the product is getting absorbed better and also lock the moisture in.
- The above mentioned rule doesn’t apply for sunscreen as its not meant to be absorbed, but sit on top of the skin and forming protective barrier. Always apply sunscreen 30 minutes before stepping out in the sun. Also make sure, this s the last product you apply in your skincare routine.
Not Eating for Your Skin
You are what you eat.. right? Its not only true for your health, bit for your skincare too. Unless you are eating right, no skincare product can give you that glowing and flawless skin you are dreaming for. Here is a list of few foods that are good for your skin –
- Walnuts – rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, prevents UV damage
- Avocado – rich source of Vitamin E, repairs damaged skin and keeps skin soft and supple
- Blueberries – a superfood that repairs damaged skin
- Sweet potato – packed with beta-carotene, one of the most effective anti aging ingredients
- Chocolate – Studies show that people who regularly consume dark chocolates have better skin texture than those who don’t.
- Tomatoes – Rich source of antioxidants that protects skin from free radicals
So these are 5 Most Important Things You are Not Doing for Your Skin. Start doing them right now and your skin will thank you later 🙂
Get more Tips like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting Tips and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.