Why and How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Care – Apple cider vinegar is a great natural treatment for hair. This article will tell you Why and How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Care. Apple cider vinegar is made by crushing apples and squeezing out the liquid which then goes through fermentation process. There are many uses of apple cider vinegar is culinary world. But it is not only limited to that, apple cider vinegar has been used since long for treating various skin and hair problems. It is a very cost effective, natural and organic treatment for hair and skin problems. Using Apple cider vinegar for hair is a great way to treat dry and itchy scalp and it also makes hair soft, smooth and shiny. There are many other benefits of using apple cider vinegar for hair. If you want to find them out, then check this article on Why and How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Care.
Why and How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Care
Why Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in active enzymes and it has antiseptic properties. When used in proper concentration, apple cider vinegar helps to prevent growth of fungus, bacteria etc which can cause dry and itchy scalp.
- Using Apple cider vinegar for hair also helps to arrest hair loss problem. ACV has anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti inflammatory and anti viral properties which helps to treat any scalp disorder that results in hair loss.
- Apple cider vinegar maintains scalp’s natural pH balance, thus acts as a great natural treatment for excessive oily or dry scalp.
- The presence of acetic acid in ACV makes it a great cleanser for hair and scalp. Acetic acid removes dirt and build-ups from scalp and hair and makes the hair look softer and fresher.
- The acetic acid content also gives relief from itchy and flaky scalp.
- You can also use Apple cider vinegar for hair conditioning. The natural acidity of ACV helps to smooth down the lifted cuticles and helps to detangle the hair beautifully.
- Using Apple cider vinegar for hair also promotes hair growth. ACV is rich in essential nutrients like Vitamins A, C, B1, B6, iron, potassium, etc which provides the much needed nutrients for proper hair growth. When we apply ACV on the scalp it helps to open the clogged hair follicles. Blocked or clogged hair follicles often stop hair growth altogether. Thus, apple cider vinegar aids in hair growth by unclogging blocked hair follicles.
- AHA present in apple cider vinegar removes the layer of dry and dead skin cells on the scalp and prevents scalp psoriasis.
Lets now check out How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Care
Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Conditioning
Mix together 1/4th cup of ACV and 3/4th cup of water. Pour this mixture in an empty spray bottle. In between shampooing and conditioning the hair, spray this mixture on the roots of the hair and massage gently. Then, let it sit for 5 minutes and rinse it off. Follow up with conditioning.
This will reduce the itchiness from the scalp. You can also use this mixture of apple cider vinegar and water as hair conditioner. This will smooth down the cuticles and reduce frizz. Hair will be easy to detangle and look shiny and smooth.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Loss
In a bowl, mix 1/4th cup of ACV, 3/4th cup of water and 1 tbsp of rosemary essential oil. Apply this mixture all over the scalp and hair and massage the scalp gently for 5-10 minutes. Let it sit for 30 more minutes and then, wash off with mild shampoo. Repeat this treatment twice or thrice a week for best result.
Using Apple cider vinegar for hair is a very effective treatment for preventing hair loss. Adding rosemary essential oil to ACV helps to enhance its efficacy.
Also read How to Prevent Hair Loss at Home
Apple Cider Vinegar to remove Scalp Buildup
Combine together 2 tbsp each of apple cider vinegar and water. After shampooing and conditioning, gently massage this solution onto the scalp. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off completely.
This treatment is very effective to remove scalp buildup which is caused by using hair styling products, such as hair gels, sprays, serums etc.
Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Dandruff
Using apple cider vinegar for hair is a very effective remedy to remove dandruff. First, wet your hair thoroughly. Take half cup of apple cider vinegar and apply it onto wet hair and scalp and massage gently. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off with water. Repeat this treatment twice or thrice a week to get relief from dandruff and itchy scalp.
The enzymes and acids present in ACV kills the “bacillus” bacteria which causes hair problems like flaky scalp, itchy scalp, dandruff, hair loss etc.
Also read Best Homemade Hair Detox Masks
So, this was all about How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Care. And we have also shared the reasons why you should use Apple cider vinegar for hair. If you start using Apple cider vinegar for hair, you will also get rid of all your hair concerns very soon 🙂
Get more Tips like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting Tips and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.