Top 8 Before and After Hair Removal Tips – Hair removal is very common now a days, because we all want clean and clear skin. This post will give you some important hair removal tips that will make sure that removing hair becomes a smooth and pain free experience for you. Unwanted hair removal is on the rise, particularly for us ladies. For some, it may be an issue of beauty and comfort, while others prefer hairless skin for hygiene purpose. Then, there are some for whom unwanted body hair removal is a necessity for pursuing a career in modelling or aviation, specially if you want to become an air hostess. These hair removal tips include some before and after guidelines to ensure you get the best result every time you remove your hair. The most common methods of hair removal are shaving and waxing. We normally remove hair from areas like underarms, hands, legs, bikini area, face etc. After removing hair we often suffer from skin irritations, redness, burning sensation, acne, pimples etc. If you want to avoid these troubles, check out our Top 8 Before and After Hair Removal Tips below.
Top 8 Before and After Hair Removal Tips
Before you start removing hair, take a look at these guidelines –
Hair Removal Tips – Before
- Avoid taking shower two hours before you start removing hair. Shower will open up the pores which can lead to infections.
- Another important hair removal tips is that never start waxing or shaving right after coming back from sun. Get rid of all the sweat and then start removing hair.
- If you undergo Botox treatment, then avoid hair removing for at least 72 hours.
- Before you start removing hair, massage the skin with 1-2 ice cubes for 10-15 minutes.
- If you are opting for waxing, apply some talcum powder on that particular place which you are going to wax first. Then apply your waxing cream. This is a very crucial hair removal tip because powder will make sure the wax is adhered to the hair and not to the skin.
Also read Tips to Get Rid of Dry Skin around Nails
- While removing the wax strip, hold your skin taut and pull it off in the opposite direction of the hair growth. This is one of the must remember hair removal tips.
- You can whip up your own homemade wax mixture.
- For face : Combine together 2 tbsp sugar with 2 tsp lemon juice and 10 tbsp water. Apply this on the face and leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- For hands and legs : Combine together 1 tbsp of sugar with 1 tsp of lemon juice and few drops of organic honey. Add some water and make your own wax paste. Apply it onto the skin and use wax paper to remove the hair.
Hair Removal Tips – After
- Once done with waxing, apply aloe vera gel on the areas you have waxed. This will soothe the skin, bring down redness and reduce irritation.
- If you wax the area around your eye brows, apply chilled tea bags there to calm down the irritated skin.
- This is a vital hair removal tip that most of us do not follow – Never ever use soap on the skin just after removing hair. Use plain water to wash the skin.
- If you feel burning sensation or itching or skin gets abnormally red, rub some ice cubes over there. Or soak a cotton cloth in ice cold water and place it over the irritated part of the skin.
- Another important hair removal tip is to use toner on the area you have waxed. This will close the open pores and minimize the chance of breakouts. Follow up with a good moisturizing lotion.
- Avoid direct sunlight right after going through any hair removal process.
Also read Top 6 Skin Care Tips for Working Women
At times,you still get skin problems even after following these hair removal tips. In that case –
- Apply neem water on the irritated skin 3-4 times per day.
- Make a simple skin soothing pack by grinding together some tulsi leaves, neem leaves and few cloves. Apply this paste on the rashes or the redness of the skin.
I hope you found these Top 8 Before and After Hair Removal Tips quite useful. These hair removal tips will ensure that the entire process goes smoothly and you get the best result everytime. Do you know any such hair removal tips? Share with us below in the comment box.
Get more Tips like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting Tips and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.