How to Make Rose Water at Home – Regardless of whatever skin care products you use, I believe a good skincare routine must include rose water. And do you know, you can easily make your own rose water at home? Yes, making rose water at home couldn’t be easier and here in this post, I will tell you a super simple method to make rose water at home. Rose water can be and should be used by all skin types. Rose water has mild anti-bacterial properties and anti-inflammatory properties which makes it a great product to soothe irritated skin. The astringent properties of rose water helps to soothe acne and blemishes. Regular application of rose water help calm, hydrate and protect our skin. What’s more, the wonderful fragrance of rose water keeps the skin smelling great for hours. So, lets check out How to Make Rose Water at Home.
How to Make Rose Water at Home
Things You Need
- Rose petals
- Boiling water
- A clean and small container for storage
- Take 2-3 fresh roses and separate the petals. Collect all the petals and wash them thoroughly. Make sure all the petals are fresh and without any dirt or impurities.
- Once you wash the petals thoroughly, keep them in a small container and pour boiling water into the pot. The water should only cover the rose petals. Too much water can make your rosewater very much diluted.
- Cover the pot and wait for 2-3 hours until the water reaches room temperature. Remove the cover and you will see that the water has turned slightly pinkish which indicates that your DIY Rose water is now ready to use.
- Strain out the petals and collect the rose water in a clean, small jar or in a spray bottle. Keep it in the fridge for the extra dose of freshness.
Also read How to Make Your own Highlighter at Home
Rose water has various applications. You can use it as a toner to moisturize the skin after cleansing. Rose water can also be used as a face mist whenever skin feels tired and needs a boost of freshness and hydration. You can also mix rose water with any face pack to enhance its efficacy.
Also read How to Make your own BB CREAM – DIY
So this was a super simple way to make rose water at home. I hope you liked the post. Don’t forget to share your feedback with me in the comment box below.
Get more Tips like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting Tips and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.