How to Eat Healthy on a Road Trip – Road trips are enjoyable mainly in summer in foreign countries and in India the best time will be beginning of the winter season. During this time people mainly go out for trips and vacations or picnic. Anyways road trips are really enjoyable but during this trip what we does not maintain is having healthy food. On the way we find many small shops or counters or resting places which offers various kinds of fast foods and we grab those but it is always better if we prepare ourselves with some good healthy foods for the trip. Check out this post to know How to Eat Healthy on a Road Trip.
How to Eat Healthy on a Road Trip
Now lets see what best things we can carry with us are :
First of all to eat healthy you need to have proper hygiene maintained so carry some disposable plates, glasses, spoons, forks, paper cups, aluminum foil, sanitizer and tissue box. As hygiene is most important so carry all these good disposable articles which will help you on the road trip.
Next for food
- Fill your food basket with some good protein such as peanut butter, mayo, cheese, jam, muffins, whole grain bread, boiled egg and chicken or vegetable sandwiches.
- Get some good fruits and veggies which are filled with antioxidants and good nutrition such as apple, banana, orange, strawberry, palm, peaches, grapes, berries, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, sweet corn and fresh lettuce. Vegetables use can use as salads or for sandwiches.
- Get some milk and cereals so that you can have healthy breakfast on the way. Carry the milk in some good steel well packed container.
- Carry water and if you stop at some shop then get sealed purified water as water is most important article in your journey.
- For lunch and dinner if you are stopping in any restaurant then look for grilled foods. Choose the foods which will keep you light and energetic. Try to have grilled foods such as grille sandwich, grilled chicken, and fish with omega 3. Have some good salad. Get some yogurt.
- For munching all the way especially for kids get some good baked cookie, some dark chocolates, cakes, muffins and healthy drinks such as juices and flavored yogurt instead of soft drinks and ice creams.
- If you are traveling during summer it is better to carry a small handy cooler so that all the foods and the other stuffs remain in good condition. But if you are traveling by car then it is OK as you have the air condition in it.
But also remember to carry some good digestive medicines in your first aid kit; you may require it on way. Just note and pack all the necessary articles for your road trip. Get a go and enjoy the lovely trip!
Get more Tips like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting Tips and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.