Amazing Benefits and Uses of Lemon Peel – We know that lemon serves a wide range of culinary functions, but many of us are not familiar with the benefits and uses of lemon peel. Lemon peel contains a high amount of vitamins, minerals and fibre that can give us a nutritional boost when you add the peels in your daily diet. There are various other health benefits of lemon peel, such as it helps to regulate high blood pressure, maintain bone strength, improves oral health, helps to reduce weight etc. Apart from health, you will found several other uses of lemon peel in different household activities, such as cleansing utensils, removing stain from clothes, prevents ants from getting in etc. So, before throwing the lemon peel away after using the lemon, think twice! Check this article on Amazing Benefits and Uses of Lemon Peel to know why you should preserve lemon peels.
Amazing Benefits and Uses of Lemon Peel
Uses of Lemon Peel in Health
- Improves Bone Health : One of the best uses of lemon peels, specially when it comes to health, is to improve our bone health. High amount of vitamin C and calcium present in lemon peel helps to maintain our bone health and prevent bone related diseases, such as osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory polyarthritis etc.
- Fights Cancer : Lemon peel contains citrus bioflavanoids which helps to remove toxins from the body. Thus, it also rid the body of carcinogenic elements and minimizes the chance of developing cancer. Lemon peels consists of components known as salvestrol Q40 and limonene which fight against cancerous cells in the body, while the flavonoids present in the peel is effective in curbing the division of the cancerous cells. Uses of lemon peel with hot tea is quite beneficial in preventing various types of cancers, such as breast cancer, colon cancer, skin cancer etc.
Also read Health Benefits of Banana Peel
- Decreases Cholesterol Levels : One of the amazing uses of lemon peel is to consume it to decrease cholesterol levels. Lemon peel contains polyphenol flavonoids which has the ability to lower the bad cholesterol. It also helps to minimize the chances of developing the interrelated conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetic heart disease, due to the presence of Vitamin C and P that clear the blood vessels.
Also read Health Benefits of Orange Peel
Uses of Lemon Peel as Cleanser
You will find various uses of lemon peel in household activities, specially in cleansing.
- Throw some baking soda on the sink or bathtub that has got any stain. Leave it on for couple of minutes and then, rub with lemon peel to get rid of the stains easily.
- The citric acid present in lemon peel is also very effective to get rid of tea or coffee stains from utensils.
- Lemon peel is very effective to clean your chopping board. The fresh smell of lemon will help to get rid of the onion and garlic smell. You can also use lemon peel to clean your grater. Simply rub a slice of lemon peel on the grater to remove the onion and garlic smell from the grater.
- Since we store raw veggies as well as cooked foods in our refrigerator, it can get stinky after a few days. Lemon peel can be used to get rid of the smell. Just place lemon peels in refrigerator doors and soon your fridge will smell fresh.
- Lemon peels when placed in windowsills, entrances or any other cracks can prevent the ants to get in the house.
Uses of Lemon Peel in Cooking
There are several uses of lemon peel in the culinary world. Check out some below.
- Lemon zest is a very common ingredient which is used in both sweet and savory items to enhance their taste. Use a fine grater and remove the peel. Then, rub the lemon in one direction against the blades to get lemon zest.
- Place a few slices of lemon peel while roasting your chicken. It will leave behind a wonderful fragrance and boost the taste of the roasted chicken.
Also read Amazing Beauty Uses of Lemon
- Dry some lemon peels by keeping them under the sun for few days. Then make a powder out of the dried lemon peel. The mixture of dried lemon peel and pepper can be used as an excellent seasoning for foods.
- Frozen lemon peels can be used to garnish cocktails.
- Lemon peels can be dried, grated and used in soups will leave behind a wonderful flavor and smell.
So, these were some of the amazing benefits and uses of lemon peel in health, household and cleaning. What are your favorite uses of lemon peel? Share with us below in the comment section 🙂
Get more Tips like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting Tips and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.